1. What Information We Collect
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate our Site and the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We collect the following types of information from our users.
Certain content on the Site is only made available through creating an account and providing of login credentials. If you choose to create an account, you will provide information that could be personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address and password. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account and providing personal information to us, you allow others, including Sales Gauge, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or our Site, but only when we feel such information is important to you and/or to your use of the Services or Site. Your email address will also serve as your username/login name for access to certain aspects of the Site and/or Services that require registration.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
Sales Gauge automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Services or the Site, including your IP address and cookie information. This information may be used for service functionality, to help us understand how users access a website, to fight spam/malware, to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services or the Site and for other similar purposes.
Metrics and Performance Statistics:
Sales Gauge may collect and track metrics and performance statistics relating to use of the Services and the Site, and Sales Gauge may use these metrics and statistics to generate analytics. This information may include, but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and physical location of the devices accessing the URLs provided through the Services; (ii) the referring websites or services; (iii) the time and date of each access and the amount of time spent on certain sections of the Site. These metrics and analytics may be used by Sales Gauge and its partners to improve their websites and services and to conduct market research.
2. How We Collect and Use Information About You
We collect personally identifiable information, such as email address/usernames, only when you provide it to us. If you do not wish for your personally identifiable information to be used or collected, please do not submit it to us. Whether or not you choose to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to use certain services, offers, and content on our Site, or that may be available by using the Services.
As discussed above, our web servers may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information, including the web page from which a visitor enters our Site, which pages a visitor visits on our Site, and on some Site, how much time a visitor spends on each page. We aggregate this information and use it to evaluate and improve our Site and Services and use the information for market research purposes, including for our third party sponsors/partners.
Our primary goals in collecting information from and about you are to:
- provide you with the all features and functions of the Site and the Services;
- provide Users with superior service and with information targeted to your interests;
- provide all visitors a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using our Site and/or Services.
We may also use non-personally identifiable information on an aggregated and anonymous basis to analyze your behavior and to help us understand how you use our Site and Services and to measure interest in the various pages. We may use this information to gather statistical information, improve the content of our Site, to make our Site easier to use, to provide information and statistics to our sponsors/partners, and to customize our advertising.
We may also use information relating to use of the Site and the Services on an anonymous and aggregate basis for research purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to develop new products or service. When your information is used for such purposes it will be used anonymously and will not be tied to your personally identifiable information.
We may use personally identifiable information to communicate with you about the Site or the Services, to provide you with marketing and promotional information that we believe may be of interest to you, and for customer service purposes. However, we will not provide your personal contact information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent.
Some of our features of our Services, including certain e-learning modules, require you to pay a fee. You must be 18 or older to purchase services through the Site. You agree to pay the fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your username and password (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. All fees and charges are nonrefundable, except in instances where we are unable or unwilling to provide the requested services. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance.
4. How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect personally identifiable information you provide to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We urge you to keep any password for use of the Services and/or Site in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to the Site or your use of the Services.
5. Disclosures to Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Site or Services such as sending emails, and fulfilling customer service requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf.
- With Business Partners/Sponsors: We may share information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you certain products, services, and promotions. Your information will only be provided to our partners/sponsors on an anonymous and aggregate basis unless we obtain your explicit consent to share your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Special Circumstances: We also may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in the following circumstances:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to
- comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavor to contact you in the event of any of these transactions, but we do not promise to do so.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent to do so.
6. How to Correct or Remove Personal Information
If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected or stored, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted personal information and would like us to correct or remove your information from our records, please contact email@example.com.
7. Special Notification for California Residents
If you reside in California and you have provided us with personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties (if any) for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified in this paragraph.
8. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Site is not directed at and should not be used by children under the age of 13. We support and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Sales Gauge does not solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. By registering for the Site and/or Services, Users represent and warrant that you are over 13 years of age and that you are a student at an institution of higher learning and the holder of a valid .edu email address.
9. Links to Third Party Sites
10. Policy Changes
To improve the services it can offer you, Sales Gauge may opt to expand its capabilities for obtaining information about users in the future. Sales Gauge will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area. We will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect online on through ours Site and Services, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use our Site or using the Services.
11. Questions or Feedback